This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to the treatment of personally identifiable information submitted by, or otherwise obtained from, you in connection with the associated application (“Application”). This Privacy Statement sets out how “Opulent Jewelers” uses and protects any information that you give “Opulent Jewelers” when you use this Application.
“Opulent Jewelers” may change this Privacy Statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Privacy Statement is effective from 10/1/2014.
By using or otherwise accessing the Application, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement.
We may receive and store any information you submit to the website (or otherwise authorize us to obtain – such as, from (for example) your Facebook account). It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- credit card information (if applicable)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Privacy Statement or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of “Opulent Jewelers”, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
We may also use the information to:
- to improve our products and services.
- periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- contact you for market research purposes.
- to customize the Application according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
“Opulent Jewelers” uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Application, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting that information and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Application, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
All information will be handled in compliance with the provisions set forth in Section 2 above.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email@example.com].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write us as soon as possible, at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Our site and the services available through “[Opulent Jewelers]” are not intended for children under the age of 13. “[Opulent Jewelers]” does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 13. (See the [U.S.] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child)
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement as we deem necessary or appropriate because of legal compliance requirements or changes in our business practices. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time such information is used. If we make any material changes in the way we use personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our website or by sending you an email.
Users are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when he or she uses or otherwise accesses the Application after such changes have been first posted.
If you have questions or comments about “[Opulent Jewelers]” Privacy Statement, send email to [email@example.com], or contact us via any of the ways described in the About Us page at [https://www.opulentjewelers.com/about-us/]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.